Thank you for your continued support and flexibility in these uncertain times. The continued changes and updated information is not something that we normally experience in the realm of High School Athletics, but this year has been anything but normal. Earlier today, we were informed that due to rising coronavirus cases statewide, the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) is requiring the Colorado High School Activities Association (CHSAA) to delay the start of Season B sports, which will have an impact on all sports calendars for the remainder of the year. Additionally, CDPHE will not be approving any variance requests by CHSAA or districts regarding Season B athletics and activities. While we are saddened by this decision, we understand that the safety of our athletes and community must be the priority.
The new proposed dates for sports and their respective seasons are listed below. Please note that any or all of this information could change at any time, as we experienced just today. We have not yet received information related to the total number of contests, roster sizes, sports registration information, or any other information pertaining to how the sports will take place in the upcoming seasons. As that information becomes available and finalized I will communicate that information to you, please understand that this information may come very close to the start of each sports season.
The full CHSAA announcement and proposed athletic calendar can be found at: https://chsaanow.com/2020-12-07/season-b-sports-delayed-as-statewide-covid-cases-rise.
As always if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me at email@example.com, and I will be happy to answer any questions that I have the answer to. Have a great day and stay safe. GO COUGARS!
- Proposed Season B
- Sports: Cheer, Girls Basketball, Boys Basketball, Girls Swimming, and Wrestling
- First Official Practice: January 25th
- First Possible Competition: February 1st
- End of Season: March 20th
- Proposed Season C
- Sports: Boys Soccer, Girls Volleyball, and Gymnastics
- First Official Practice: March 15th
- First Possible Competition: March 22nd
- End of Season: May 8th
- Please note that spring break is scheduled for March 22nd-26th, games and practices will be held during spring break.
- Proposed Season D
- Sports: Baseball, Girls Golf, Girls Soccer, Girls Tennis, Track and Field
- First Official Practice
- Baseball, Girls Soccer, Track and Field: May 3rd
- Girls Golf: April 19th
- Girls Tennis: April 26th
- First Possible Competition
- Baseball, Girls Soccer, Track and Field: May 10th
- Girls Golf and Girls Tennis: TBA
- End of Season
- Baseball, Girls Soccer, Track and Field: June 26th
- Girls Golf: June 22nd
- Girls Tennis: June 12th
- Please note that the last day of school is May 27th and graduation is currently scheduled for May 29th. We will have practices and games after the school year has ended and graduation has happened.
Niwot High School