The start of the winter sports season which includes Boys Basketball, Girls Basketball, Girls Swiming and Wrestling is rapidly approaching and we are all very excited about the upcoming season. Listed below are some informational items and reminders in regards to the winter sports season. Should you have any questions or need further information please do not hesitate to contact our Athletic Secretary Danielle Maloit at firstname.lastname@example.org or me at email@example.com. Have a great day and GO COUGARS!
- Parent Meeting: The Winter Sports Parent Meeting will take place on Monday, November 11th at 7:00 pm in the NHS Auditorium. After a brief meeting in the Auditorium, we will break off to the individual sports meetings. I would encourage all parents of winter sports athletes to please attend. As part of the Winter Sports Parent Meeting, you will be able to purchase an athletic pass, get sports registration assistance and also turn in a copy of your sports physical.
- First Official Practice: The first official practice for all Winter Sports is Monday, November 18th. All Winter Sport Athletes must be fully registered to participate in official practice.
- Sports Registration: Any student that is planning on participating in a winter sport at NHS must first complete the sports registration process. Sports registration is completed online at https://nhs.svvsd.org/athletics/registration. Please note that all athletes must be registered before participating in the first official practice. It is strongly encouraged that registration is completed one week before the first official practice to ensure that the athlete is cleared to practice by the first official practice date.
- PlanetHS: In addition to completing the sports registration process you will also need to create an account on PlanetHS. This account is for athletic eligibility that is reported to the Colorado High School Activities Association. You only have to create an account once in your high school career and do not have to do any updates to the account unless requested in the event of a transfer situation. You can create an account by going to www.planeths.com or by texting S41058 to 69274.
- Sports Physicals: As part of the registration process, each student-athlete must have a current sports physical that has been completed in the last calendar year. A copy of the physical must be turned into the front office or at the Winter Sports Parent Meeting as part of the athletic registration process. A student will not be cleared to practice until this is received.
- Athletic Passes: If you are interested in purchasing an athletic pass for the upcoming school year please go to https://stvrain.revtrak.net/High-Schools-1143/Niwot-HS/niwot-hs-athletic-pass/ Athletic passes are good for all pre-season and regular-season home athletic events. NHS Athletic Passes are not valid for any postseason or away events. Family passes are $155.00, Single Parent Family Passes are $100.00 and Student passes are $55.00.
- NHS Booster Club: Please consider supporting the Niwot High School Booster Club. The NHS Booster Club plays an integral part in the functioning of Athletics at Niwot High School. For more information on the NHS Booster club please visit https://www.nhsboosters.net/.
Niwot High School